Friday, February 13, 2009

friday the 13th...

Is it really a bad day? I mean, it's interview day. It cannot be a bad day. It must be a good, if not great day. Right?

It didn't start out well. I reached the bus stop at 815 to find out that the bus that goes there will be coming in 29 minutes. The bus after that: 29 minutes. So I had to take a bus to Clementi before a train to Bouna Vista. Seems like a long way to go to reach somewhere when a 15 minute bus ride could do. Curse of the 13th. There were multiple traffic congestion as well. But those didn't matter.

I was suppose to reach at 845. I reached at 855. Fortunately, one of the interviewers only reached at 910. So they couldn't start. I was the second person and went in at 920 and came out at 930. Felt like an eternity in the room. Outside, only 10 minutes had passed. Nerves were never really a problem. The answers flowed pretty well.

But there was one thing that I felt was ominous. The "simon cowell" looking interviewer asked if I had applied for any other jobs. And what other occupations would I consider if I didn't manage to get into N*IE. I thought that was code for, maybe you like to have a backup plan, this doesn't seem right for you.

On a lighter note, I wore a tie today and the security guard asked if I was one of the interviewers when I went to change a pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home