Saturday, July 08, 2006

superman returns...

*Start of disclaimer!!!*

Due to me actually having found a 2 day job, this entry is actually about something that happened last week. If I have entertained you before with this story, this will just help jog that failing memory you will have.

*End of disclaimer!!!*

The title of the newest Superman movie. And the title is the most suitable, from my point of view anyways. I watched Superman Returns on Tuesday. With 2 JC friends. I can't say that the show was half bad. But after watching it twice, I wouldn't say it was half good either. It is a pretty long movie. It was 2 hours and 40 minutes, plus credits. Well worth the $7 at least. The show was overly dramatic in my opinion.

On Wednesday, I was intending to watch a movie with Mr. Derrick Ho. I thought that we were going to watch Royston Tan's 4:30. Apparently they didn't show it anymore. On Wednesday at least. I saw the movie being listed again on Friday. Bummer. So, to enjoy the privilege of choosing seats Derrick bought tickets online. Yup you actually get to choose your own seats if you buy it online. Well, I didn't know that we bought tickets for Superman. So Superman returned to my life twice in 2 days. This week I spent a total of 5 hours and 20 minutes watching the same show. At least I only had to pay $3 for it.

Back to something more recent, working brought to light something which I find throughly disturbing. I speak a mis-mash of English, Chinese and dialect. Which is really bad. Yesterday, a friend corrected me twice when I used "me and my friend". Bummer.

8 Comments:

Blogger caco3boy said...

haha.. you're majoring English lang leyz.. how can English be bad?? Anywayz, 4:30 is really slow so don't go when ya're tired... =P

By the way, is Mr Derrick Ho the same Derrick Ho from Project Superstar (in army as a signaller now)??

Sunday, July 09, 2006 2:54:00 am  
Blogger alvin_c said...

hahaha... no he's not... i'm sure if i knew that derrick ho... you'll be the first one to know... but he's not... he's a derrick ho i know from boys brigade...

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:33:00 pm  
Blogger alvin_c said...

yes!!! i've saved a slot for understanding your medication!!!

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:50:00 pm  
Blogger caco3boy said...

ok.. we can be module-mates for once... must take same tutorial too!! =)

Monday, July 10, 2006 6:19:00 am  
Blogger Derrick said...

good gracious...I'm a superstar? wahaha
I saw this entry coming...you warned anyway. AND!!! This looks like the first time you actually mentioned NAMES in your blog entries yar? What's your problem?

Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:45:00 am  
Blogger caco3boy said...

haha.. Superstar really got a Derrick Ho 何維健.. he'll be cutting an album soon..

Anyway Alvin: I just realised from IVLE that understanding the medications has no tutorial... so we can't be tutorial-mates... Hee.. =P And only 2 out of the many lectures are 3 hours long.. most are 2 hours... N the tests n exams have short essay questions & MCQs that deduct marks for wrong answer (like SAT).. Sianz...

Saturday, July 15, 2006 1:20:00 am  
Blogger alvin_c said...

actually yea... was gonna talk to you about the tutorial... but realised that there's no tutorial also... and i realised that the stuff they teach... it's abit out of there... quite chimm...

Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:53:00 am  
Blogger caco3boy said...

no leyz.. i tink Medics got an obvious advantage.. plus i'm a science student.. hee.. so ya taking or not? Take larz.. den we have chance to be module mates.. =)

Sunday, July 16, 2006 12:48:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home