Thursday, June 08, 2006

crazy frog...

Who has not heard of Crazy Frog? It's that ultimately irritating frog that spins techno music while "ringing". He rings because all the sounds that he is able to produce sound like bells and whistle.

And yes, I've used the pronoun he. I was channel surfing again today and I chanced upon an advertisement for the World Cup on Malaysia's channel, TV1. The advertisment featured Crazy Frog. However, what was really interesting was that it's groin area had been mosaic/pixlated/blurred out. I thought that was weird. Were Malaysian television that conservative? Crazy Forg does not have show any genitals, not in Singapore anyways.

After pointing it out to my brothers, I was informed by my older brother that in actual fact, the original Crazy Frog that was created in the UK had portruding genitals. In full sight!!! Well, how did it turn into the conservative Crazy Frog as we know it in Singapore? The most possible reason was that we imported our Crazy Frog from the US instead of directly from UK. When Crazy Frog was exported to the US, they too did not approve of the exposed genitals. Therefore, the exposed genitals were erased.

Hence, the advertisement I saw on TV1 was most likely imported directly from UK. Which explains the "cover up". It's still kinda weird.

6 Comments:

Blogger caco3boy said...

well, I haven't! Ya asked who rite? Haha.. =P

Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:09:00 am  
Blogger alvin_c said...

haven't what??? dun really understand the question... haha

Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:39:00 pm  
Blogger caco3boy said...

aiyo.. ya really blur... ya asked who doesn't know crazy frog.. and my answer is me lorz.. Haha... =P

Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:14:00 am  
Blogger alvin_c said...

hahaa... okie... another fren told me that he saw a ad on singapore telly that also had the mosica for the crazy frog...

Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:51:00 pm  
Blogger caco3boy said...

aiyo.. i say i don't know what crazy frog is liaoz.. i see the ad i also don't know.. N it's mosaic not mosica rite? =)

Monday, June 12, 2006 2:57:00 am  
Blogger alvin_c said...

yea... hahah
just realised...

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:01:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home