Wednesday, May 17, 2006

i heard a pack of blood cost $800...

However, i can't back it up. It's just something I heard.
I went to donate a pack of blood yesterday. And it turned out to be a painless trip. Although it did take longer than i expected. It was my first time donating, therefore i got a sticker that said, "Be nice to me! It's my first time." I felt like a kid. Oh please, like I really need it. I've got poked more times with needles in the army by less qualified people. This was nothing.
Furthermore, the people there were so nice. Except the doctors who had to screen you to make sure that you didn't have any sexually transmited diseases. He seemed to give the impression that he thinks that everyone has STD. Cold, he was. Judgmental, all the time. Cold, judgmental eyes. And it's not as if I answered yes to any of the "high risk sex partners" questions. But I will only know if my blood is acceptable after a week. Maybe I do have some unknown sickness that will deem my blood "un-donat-able".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home