Wednesday, June 28, 2006

so unexpected...

Some unexpected events took place within the last 12 hours or so. France won Spain in their World Cup match and I saw a real cobra while running this morning. Okie, so it's only 2 things, but they sure went against all that normally should took place.

All was well in the soccer match. Spain was leading, and the look like they were going to the quarter finals to get whipped by Brazil. However, France squeezed all the experience form all their old men from long long (It's nong if you watch Singapore Idol.) ago and managed to come back to win 3-1. I think what was truely unexpected was the display of football that Spain tried to pass off as an attack. To say they were underpreforming was a true understatement. Imagine, they were beaten by an underpreforming French team that brealy made it into the knockout round. The French team better show some grit against Brazil, if not, Spain would really have lost in vain. At the moment, I still think a Spain-Brazil match would be much more exciting than a France-Brazil match. We'll just have to wait till after the match.

The other thing was the snake. If you didn't know, the cobra is indigenous to Singapore. They are actually native to Singapore. But the thing is you just don't see enough of it to believe a fact like that. I sure didn't when I first saw the snake listed as a native species.

Self denial at work.
Singapore=Safe. Cobra=Dangerous. Safe=/=Dangerous.

Therefore, Singapore cannot possibly have a native snake like a cobra.

But after seeing one real one slithering across the track, I'm force to believe. At first I thought that it was a normal black snake. It wasn't really big. I thought: WOW! Snake! Then I saw its hood. Okie, cobra. Side step. Luckily, it seemed more interested in getting off the track. Honestly, after seeing the snake, getting off the track shot up in my pirority list.

Okie, I thought of one more unexpected event. Our Singaporean representative at the World Cup makes me proud to be Singaporean. That's right, it's Shamsul, our very own referee. I really hope he's chosen as the referee of the finals. Don't you think that most of the other referees are just rubbish at what they do? Their decisions seems so bias at times. In yesterday night's match between Brazil and Ghana, the Ghana team accused the referee of having, and I quote, "anti-Ghanian biasness". Shamsul was voted as the best referee in a poll somewhere, although this cannot really be confirmed.

Therefore, to encourage reader participation for the 6(I think.) regular readers of my blog, please leave a comment on whether you think Shamsul should referee the Finals of the World Cup. If you don't regularly read this blog, maybe you should start. If not, just leave a comment and maybe consider. Consider harder if the answer is no.

And if you have cable, the movie on Disney channel tonight is the Emperor's New Groove.

8 Comments:

Blogger caco3boy said...

Am I one of the 6??? Anyway, I don't watch soccer so I don't know/don't care whether Shamsul should be the referee..

By the way, Shamsul sounds like Samsui... Haha.. =P

Thursday, June 29, 2006 2:03:00 am  
Blogger alvin_c said...

haha... okie... thanks for participating in my blog participation exercise...

Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:09:00 am  
Blogger caco3boy said...

no prob.. so am i one of the 6?? =)

Friday, June 30, 2006 1:57:00 am  
Blogger aLibuAbUa said...

I'd say yes! Oh and I read ur blog too! d=)

Friday, June 30, 2006 1:46:00 pm  
Blogger alvin_c said...

hahaahah.... thanx for reading the blog... and yes... weiling, you are one of the 6 ppl i know...

Friday, June 30, 2006 10:27:00 pm  
Blogger caco3boy said...

aiyo.. my name also spell wrongly!! is that how ya treat a fan of ya blog?? Hee... =P

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 1:02:00 am  
Blogger alvin_c said...

hahahahaahaha... sorry...
for the record... it's weiLIANG...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:18:00 am  
Blogger caco3boy said...

haha.. it's okie.. =)

how come so long never update? nothing interesting?? what have ya been doing the entire hols?

BTW, what modules ya taking next sem? still taking Understanding Your Medications rite? It's on Tues 1400-1700 for lectures.. If ya doing we should have arrange for same tutorial group k?

Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:48:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home