Tuesday, June 20, 2006

my dad... the pseudo soccer god...

Father's day just passed. It happened 3 days ago. Well, now is soccer season. World Cup fever sweeps the world, literally. And since it's also father's day 3 days ago, this entry will be about these 2 things: My dad being a pseudo soccer god. He thinks he knows everything about the game.

I think something about being old is that you think everyone values your opinions, no matter how baseless they may be. My dad is nice and all, but when it comes to watching soccer... DO NOT watch with my dad. Especially if you don't like to have a 3rd party commentor beside you.
It's not even that what my dad says is relevent. He just makes a gazillion comments about the way that the game is being played. Like how they should be passing the ball up instead of passing it back to the defenders.

My dad also likes to make predictions. Not really good ones, but logical ones. And when his predictions come true, he acts like he won the 1st prize of toto. I mean he didn't even bet on it, so why is he so excited? And he'll just go now about it. Okie I've heard enough.

I think a side effect of soccer fever is the fact that it has the ability of turning everyone into a soccer god wannabe. Luckily it only happens once every 4 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home