Wednesday, September 30, 2009

gift of prophecy...

After BS, we went down to Holland for a drink but ended up at Swensens for ice cream. Before we left, SQ said that he wanted to go to Cold Storage to get some snacks. Being SQ, he added that you'll never know which pretty girl might you can bump into at Cold Storage. She might not be able to reach for an item in the top shelf and might ask us for help getting it. You wonder what kind of (short) girl you would bump into at 1030 at night.

Anyway, I followed SQ to Cold Storage and we were at the snacks sections when I felt a hand touch my back to ask for help. I turned around to find this elderly Japanese lady asking us to reach for a can on the top shelf. Gift of prophecy. SQ might have gotten some of the details wrong. But it was near enough.

On another note, we are doing this book on disciplines for BS. A couple of months ago, we tried this "discipline for a week" thing. That time, I tired to do QT everyday for a week. Failed that time. So we are doing it again this week. For this week, I'm going to be gentle for a week. So for one week, I will not snap at people. Practice gentleness. If you know me well enough, you know this is going to be fun for everyone around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home