Wednesday, February 27, 2008

self reflexivity...

What is self reflexivity you ask? It's something that is repeated many times over in many different modules in school. It is the art of knowing yourself. Maybe not an art, but a good skill to have.

And what are blogs but a platform for the writers to exercise some self reflexivity. You might not do it consciously, but I think everyone does a hint of it at some part of their lives. Another way that we can learn more of ourselves is through friends.

So what did I learn about myself today? I learnt that what I believed about myself is accurate enough. Friends might not really tell you something about yourself that you have never thought about. But friends do affirm the traits that you think you have. Today, I learnt that I am emotionally cold. I always thought that I was cold. And today, a friend affirmed it.

Am I disturbed that I have such a 'undesired' trait? Not really. I don't really think it's an undesirable trait. It's all about not freezing up too much. But I like being cold. I think I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home