Sunday, February 03, 2008

the kite runner...

For some reason, I keep saying The Kite Flyer instead of The Kite Runner. It might be that kites don't really run, they fly. But I guess that's just me.

Anyway, watched The Kite Runner yesterday at The Cathy. Yea, I watched it at the most expensive cinema chain in the country. Though I must say that the cinema was worth all $10 of the ticket. Wide seats and ample leg space helped.

Back to the movie. If you have not read the book before the movie, parts of the movie would feel abrupt. And the book explains alot more of the traditional Afghanistan practices that would explain some of the strange antics of certain characters. However, I would have to say that the movie remained faithful (a legitimate Literary term) to the book. Instead of reinterpreting the book, the movie followed the plot quite strictly. The movie only left out the last part of the book, the part where Amir had to get through lots of bureaucratic red tape to bring the nephew home.

I liked the movie. If you caught the movie, you would be able to pull off convincing most people that you read the book. Most people would obviously refer to people who have not read the book.
It's been raining alot recently. So it means that I have not been able to take the photograph of the shadow of the ring. Such a letdown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home