Tuesday, February 12, 2008

sunrise and sunset...

I finally remembered what I wanted to blog about yesterday. I wanted to talk about the sunrises and sunsets in Singapore.

What time does the sun rise? If you've lived in Singapore your ENTIRE life, you would probably say sometime around 7am. Yup, the sun rises at 7am in Singapore. But if you check with most other countires, the sun rises at 6am. AND, in actual fact, the sun rises at 6am. It only rises at 7am in Singapore.

Why might you ask is this the case? The reason is that Singapore is special and the sun is always late so that it does not need to pay ERP.

Actually, it's because Singapore is on permanent daylights saving time. Too few Singaporeans wake up at 6am to effectively make use of the sun at 6am, therefore, the government has decided to make the sun rise at 7am.

I was always amazed when I watched movies and they show the sun blazing at 6 is the morning. Now I know that it is suppose to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home