Thursday, July 16, 2009

coasting on my talents...

I think I'm coasting on my talents. That's something that I've learnt doing the new book in bible study. The book's called "a resilient life". So what the book's saying is that we shouldn't shortchange ourselves by just doing the things that we find come to us so naturally.

Today, I had bible study with the year one primers. Nothing wrong with that. I prepared as much as I could for it. Nothing wrong with that either. But I realised that I hadn't really put much thought into how the points can apply to their life as a primer or questions that help them probe their own lives. But then again, I don't think I'm very good that coming up with questions such as these. Especially, when I don't actually deliver the thing I've prepared.

So, at bible study today, I fielded questions that I thought up while delivering bible study. AND yes, I made it look natural, prepared. BUT, I think I might be shortchanging the primers. If I had put in more thought, perhaps better questions might have been asked. The point that related to being a better primer was thought up beforehand though.

Yes. I think i should put more thought into the questions that I ask in bible study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home