Wednesday, June 17, 2009

medics...

Something happened today at army that quite disgusted me. I was watching another medic from another unit practice how to use the AED. It's an automated electronic defibrillator. It delivers an electric shock that helps correct irregular heartbeats.

I watched that guy helplessly answer all the questions wrongly and wondered how he ever passed his course. Which brings up the question of how 11 weeks of training can ever be enough to equip a medic to be responsible for the lives of so many men. While I cannot always say that I know everything there is to know, at least I know my basics. This guy was giving random answers hoping they were right. I was disgusted.

I'm so glad that this guy is not my medic. I would have had a heart attack knowing that my life was not in good hands. Maybe that's another reason they introduced the AED. But the, that's the catch-22, if the people who are suppose to use them don't know how, then what's the use of the equipment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home