Sunday, June 07, 2009

cranky...

Am I cranky? Maybe. If there was a Facebook quiz that measured my level of crankiness, I'd say that I'm 40-50% cranky. That's a good gauge. At least I think so. Some people obviously don't. A certain certain somebody thinks I sound cranky too often. Fortunately, I don't have to care too much about what this certain certain someone thinks. So for this person I give a, "Whatever!". As I found out in another Facebook quiz, I hide my insecurities by dismissing them with a healthy helping of the word, "Whatever."

Anyway, back to the point at hand. I'm not cranky. At least I hardly would believe that. Maybe it's a side effect of being too nice to people that need to be nice to. And the people I'm more comfortable with ends up with a whole lot of cranky. I mean I try to be nice to everyone, BUT, that's hardly a realistic expectation. Only human.

I was mean the other day to a friend. It wasn't the sarcastic, subtle, you've-got-to-read-in-between-the-lines kind of mean, it was an all-out-overt mean. Well, it was funny so we had a good laugh. But she did say something that got me thinking. Was I naturally nice pretending to be mean (at that moment), or was I naturally mean pretending to be nice (all the time)?

I like to think it's the former. If it were the latter, it would be really tiring just hanging around people. Pretending to be nice, ALL THE TIME. That's a whole lot of pretending. If I could do that, I'm so moving to Hollywood. Okie, I'm digressing.

I'm trying to be less sarcastic. I'm trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home