Sunday, July 22, 2007

one mad weekend...

This is one mad weekend. Maybe mad would be a wrong adjective. Because I'm actually more sane than ever, just really tired.

I also realized that I have not blogged for an entrire week. A far cry form the entry happy week before. So basically, it'll be an update. Of course, there will the part of the entry that is the very reason that the entry was started for.

First off, Sha*ron has gone back to Perth. On Thursday. Well, if the first update on on Thursday, yeah, that means it was kinda of a boring week. Boring. I cannot actually wait for work to be over. 2 weeks. I hope I don't miss it too much.

Well, more importantly, weekend.

Friday night was spent at Happy Valley. No, not in Hong Kong. I wished it actually was but it's just another Hong Kong cafe. Decided to go home after dinner, long weekend. I try to keep within my limits.

Saturday morning stated with badminton at 10-12. The usual people, happened to meet KL, had a game with his friends. Er... Lost both, I think I'm the weakest link. After that, lunch and walked about Jurong Point. Walked about for too long and ended up reaching home at 3.20pm. Was supposed to meet Ju*n at church 3.30pm. I was under the impression that it was 4. Anyways, reached home jsut to leave again. I slept on the bus on the way home form JP, yea, tired. Sometimes, I don't know my limits.

Anyhow, run-through for Youth Sunday started at 4 and got "volunteered" to do sharing. Rud*y shared something with is the actual reason for the post. But that'll come later. Rehearsal ended at 7.30pm. Went Vivo to have dinner to celebrate KL's birthday. Ended up home at 11.30pm.

Sunday started at 7am. Reached church at 8am. By the end of the first service, I was tired. Must be getting old. Almost fell asleep during Gli*bert's sermon in the second service. After church ended up in IMM till 4. Really lost all my common sense with knowing my limits. Should really have gone off and slept more.

Finally, the reason for the entry. Rudy shared something about his decade in youth ministry and how even though he was going to step (by now, it's more like stepped) down, he will continue to mentor the people that he has been mentoring. This struck me. Due to other events during the week and the previous week, I have come to realize that I do not actually actively mentor the kids. I kinda feel bad. Opportunity but they were not taken to the fullest.

So I think it's time. In the words of Be*n, "To stop hiding." I should really find a kid and start. If not now, then when? I have no idea who it's going to be or even if I'll actually start. But I shall pray about it.

I want to sleep soon. Time = Sunday, 10pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home