Wednesday, April 11, 2007

approached...

Okie, due to the many people asking for a post. (Dun want to dissappoint half the word reading my blog and the whole world who tags on my tagboard.)

Today I got apporached by a evangelist from an independant church. Okie not to say all independant churches are filled with people who cannot differentiate reality and fantasy... but you get the idea that I was not really comfortable.

Apparently, this evangelist came up and started talking. I wasn't going to turn her down, so just listen, might pick up something good. But as it went along, I realised that the stuff they were preaching and the stuff that we preach were totally different.

Stuff like: there is a God the Father and there is also a god the mother.

And stuff like: we shouldn't be having Sunday service and Christmas because the dates follow the Roman calander and well... that's just a pagan holiday.

And more stuff like: you know why so many Christians died in the 2004 tsunami? It's because they didn't believe in the correct Christiany.

You get the idea, Christians but like not very Christiany.

So while waiting for Benedict, I was having a conversation with this evangelist from South Korea. She speaks mandarin and half past six... maybe less... english. In the end, she tried to get me to go to the church (which she claims to be a 3 minute walk away, but the 5 minute talk she claims her little speech was in the begining was taking almost 12... so by simple logic... the church might be 7 minutes away?) and watch a 10 minute video. (same logic will give 24 minutes)

Yup, she also claims that there are many people there and I don't need to be worried that I'll be the only one there. Apparently, the selling point of their Christiany is that they don't have Sunday service, she repeated this many times.

Luckly Benedict called and I had to leave. Like talk back in English still manybe can, but in mandarin? Lost already. The last thing she said before I left was, "So, how can I contact you?" I was like, "What?!?! you still want to talk?" So I said, "It's okie, I'll call you." Can see that she heard it many times and knows that I'll never call her back. Haha... So one night stand.

Crossing the bridge to Ikea, there were 2 more people there "selling" this Chirstiany. I flashed the pamphlet she gave me like it was a flag day sticker and entered the safety of Ikea. Felt abit sick after that, must be the weird thoughts floating through my head. Would expalin why I was farting more than usual, trying to expel all the "bad air"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home