Tuesday, March 27, 2007

finally... recruits camp...

Finally, it’s the end of el3216's individual project. So now I get to blog about the recruits camp. Yes. Late is the word. 2 weekends overdue actually.

For the first thing, I thought Wenjie did a great job. Considering that he had to do most of the things by himself, I’m proud to say that it’s good to see the growth in him since… years ago? It was also encouraging to see the Sec 4s rally around WJ when all his squad leaders were away with other commitments.

I must say that the meals were all great. I really wonder where all the budget came from. The lessons were okie, more thought could have been put in, but I think this is the only part of the camp where the WJ and gang weren’t particularly prepared for. The hike was a pleasant one. Pavements made for easy walking. The Sec 1s didn’t complain “too” much. I thought that kids these days would be more accustomed to sleeping late. Some of the Sec 1s were complaining that they were sleepy.

Because I cannot remember all their names, I wouldn’t really talk about them. The ones I can remember are Eugene, Kelvin, David, Joshua, Kenneth, Xavier and Joel Tang.

Eugene and Joshua were like the act cute ones. I think if they wanted to, they can open their eyes to the size of PowerPuff Girls. Kelvin I think is really good, with a bit of molding, he’ll make a good leader. David’s just plain weird. He eats paper and suck chili sauce. Kenneth complains too much. Haha. Xavier complains way too much. Joel Tang is a Sec 3 that joined this year, I think if he joined when he was younger, he might have been somebody. There was this other Sec 2 guy, he was disappointing when he got stressed. I was shocked at what he said at SP gate 3. There are 2 more Sec 1s. Sorry I don’t remember your names. I think there was an Isaac somewhere.

Now for the Assistant Squad Leaders, they were Christopher Teo, Andrew, Maverick and Shannon. Chris and Andrew were impressive. Although Andrew eats grass. Maverick and Shannon didn’t live up to all their hype. But in the words of Football Manager: They still have much to learn.

Camp was really fun, but I think it’s the fellowship that really made it all worthwhile. Mac at 330am is always a good way to spend time. Farewell in 3 days. Bittersweet? I think it was more like the beginning of a great journey. And I hope the lessons the Kids learnt in the BB’s gonna help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home