Thursday, July 28, 2005

scratch me...

Yesterday, I went for the second day of the module talks. I feel comforted by the fact that the proffessors that will eventually take my classes, or rather teach the classes i will take, are ultra funny. At least I will never have to complain of being bored in class, I hope not at least.

Well, my day ended with the end of the English Literature talk at 1200. Haha... Okie so then I went back to looking for a pencil case. Have been looking for a pencil case for 3 days already. Apparently, pencil cases are meant for kids. Apparently, society do not expect teenagers to carry pencil cases above the age of 12. It would explain the designs of the pencil cases that I've encountered over the last 3 days. All the pencil cases seemed to be designed with a 7 year old kid in mind.

Okie anyways, my friends and I went back to looking for a pencil case that wouldn't make me the centre of attention if I brought it to school. Finally, while walking down CityLink towards Suntec, we managed to find a pencil case that seemed to be marketed towards "older people". Not OLD, 50 years old, just older. Well, the shop is 37 degrees.(for all those who are also looking for pencil cases) Well as usual, after buying something, you'll be able to find the thing that you've been looking for for so long.

At Suntec, we found MORE pencil cases, at the Wallet shop. At least the designs weren't appealing. To me at least. Since we're at the Wallet Shop, we just took a look at some of the wallets. While walking around, I saw a sign that states that if I spent more than $20 at the Wallet shop, I entitled to buy a pencil case for $1.90. Bummer...

But that's besides the point. The next point is the main reason that I'm blogging this down. One of the wallets on sale was a super nice looking leather wallet. It had the look of a old wallet with character, and the best part is... It's still new. Doesn't make much sense right? But when have I made too much sense? The wallet comes with a small file. Not a file for putting paper, a file for woodwork or whatever. On the back of the file, it states: Use this file to scratch on leather, also able to scratch demin. Okie I know why some people would scratch their new jeans. But the wallet already looks like it's been sold by a wandering merchant that doesn't take care of his wares. I'm not going to use a file to bloddy scratch the nice smooth leather. *imagine touching smooth leather* Sure it's a great marketing gimmick. You scratch it your way, I'll scratch my wallet my way. In the end, you get TWO different designs but really who will scratch it? What if the scratches look like chicken scratches?!?! It'll look bad!!!

Anyways, this entry is written in proper sentances. With all the Capitals and punctuations.

3 Comments:

Blogger caco3boy said...

Why suddenly must write in proper sentences and grammar leyz?? Blogs should be down to earth and up to ya liking.. But I like reading ya blog so do blog more often...

Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:11:00 pm  
Blogger alvin_c said...

haha... thanks...
i just tried to write in sentences... nothing special...

Friday, July 29, 2005 7:45:00 pm  
Blogger caco3boy said...

i see.. tot ya taking EL so must use proper English leyz.. go read my latest entry.. related to languages too..

Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:36:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home