Friday, September 10, 2010

burn a what?!?

I cannot believe or condone the actions of some Christians over in that place I shall not name. *cough-a-cough-mer-cough-ri-cough-ca-cough* I hope I'm not catching my Dad's cough.

Well, I cannot believe they are advocating an public burning of Qurans as a way to commemorate the September 11 bombings. And they claim this is something they believe God wants them to carry out? I really want to ask where he is hearing all these voices from... REALLY? How does this make you any different from the very fanatics whom you are trying to denounce? Your own crazy actions only make the crazy people seem less crazy.

And how do you rationalize the fact that the rest of the world is so vastly adversely affected by your actions. If it were truly from God, you would think that you would have more support. AND, if you really truly believed it was a directive from God, why would you see the need to arm yourself with pistols? Tapping on the gun during the interview while saying you are being well prepared for any possible backlash, is a sign of nothing but a lack of faith to see you through the event. If Our God is for us, who can ever stop us? If you see the need for a gun, you doubt. I truly doubt your motivations.

In the crazy fiasco they call God's direction, they finally claim that if Obama tells them to stop it, they might. And since when did government trump heavenly powers? I just want to say that if you need your leaders to step in to stop something so obviously wrong, then I doubt your own discretion, your ability to see right from wrong, and ultimately even the theology that you preach form your pulpit.

On behalf of the fanatics, I would like to apologize.

Unfortunately, in every community, there will be one of two we like to think we would be better off without.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:43:00 am  
Anonymous Gastric Bypass Surgery Abroad said...

What are you saying?

Saturday, July 02, 2011 12:03:00 am  
Blogger Invixic said...

I completely agree with you. It is interesting how religion solves as many or less problems than it creates, at least with most people. Or rather, it is not the religion itself that creates problems, but people's inability to embrace and understand its concepts. I cannot fathom how corrupted modern man must be. And I'm not even religious.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:08:00 am  
Blogger - said...

I am from America and not Christian, but it is useless to argue with fanatics so I don't. Waste of energy. And - as you said, those relatively few (really, they are a cultural oddity) are giving the good, reasonable people of -insert religion name here- a bad name. I cannot stand fanaticism, anywhere.

Friday, October 28, 2011 1:54:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home