Tuesday, March 24, 2009

camp...

I realised that I haven't blogged about camp. So why not now, when I got a 3500 word essay to write? Yea, timing is awesome. Well, I should have written something about it sooner. But it seemed that highlighting the insane number of hours I slept sounded more like an achievement on Saturday.

Okie, how was camp?

It was awesome. It brought back memories of how it was like when I was in secondary school. Doing random things. Being made to do random things. Even though we toughen our stand with the Boys, it did seem that they enjoyed the camp alot more. Revival? Maybe. I enjoyed it. I think the officers enjoyed it. Sitting and talking with the officers at Labrador Park surrounded by a hundred sleeping Boys was probably a time well spent.

On a much harsher note. Many people don't understand why we do what we do. Namely go back to secondary school and participate in an activity that is meant for kids. It doesn't pay, it doesn't really say much about you and it definitely doesn't mean squat to your future employers.

And it's dang hard to explain to people why I go back. Trying to explain is like trying to get people to convert to a religion that advocates eating dog poo cause it would enlighten the spirit. No, there's no such religion, and yes, it's hard to convince people to how it actually enlightens you. And recently, it seems easier to just tell people that I have no clue. Of course quitting is the easiest way out. No more stupid questions about why old people like us are there and no more stupid people trying to raise themselves over you by trying to demean the stuff that we do.

I'm tired of people asking me. So don't ask. Actually, unless you are still participating in a uniformed groups' activities, don't act like you know how to read me. So no more talking about why I do this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Derrick said...

I got asked similar questions from me colleagues when I went back to work on Monday. But I think it's impt that we learn to verbalise it. I told them it was part of church ministry. Of course, I know it's much more than that. But unless they probe more or seem to want to listen, church ministry shall prob be my answer for now. Got better ideas? :)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home